The Sponsored Programs Accounting (SPA) Group handles financial and accounting matters for faculty who have been awarded grants and contracts. SPA provides this support for externally sponsored federal and private awards and for internally funded awards.
Once notified by Faculty or their Grant Administrators of funding, the Sponsored Programs Accounting Group establishes the award in SLU’s financial system. The PI and department are provided with a unique fund number to be used in tracking expenses for the award.
Other Post-Award Financial functions of SPA:
- SPA coordinates cash receipts from sponsors.
- SPA prepares and submits any necessary invoices to sponsors.
- SPA monitors spending to assure compliance with sponsor requirement and University policies.
- SPA provides timely and accurate financial reporting.
- SPA coordinates payments to subawardee institutions.
- SPA oversees timely award closeout.
- SPA coordinates annual and ad hoc audits of sponsored awards.
SPA Resources and Forms
Director, Sponsored Programs Accounting Group
Lei TangFinancial Analyst
Patti Montgomery, CPA
Mary Lou Pereira
Katie McDowell, CPAGrant Accountant II