2020 Spring Semester Quick Start Guide
The new year has arrived and the spring semester is starting soon. Here are some of the things you need to know to start 2020 at Saint Louis University on the right foot.
Dates to Keep in Mind
- Spring Classes: The new semester begins on Monday, Jan. 13.
See the 2019-20 Academic Calendar
- Residence Halls: Residence halls that were not open during winter break will reopen at 9 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 10.
- Dining Hours: St. Louis Bread Co. and Starbucks on campus reopened earlier this month. Reinert
to Go and the Grand Dining hall reopen Friday, Jan. 10. Simply to Go and Subway in
Fusz Memorial Hall reopen Sunday, Jan. 12. For the latest hours and what’s open now,
you can Ask SLU via chat, text 314-977-2428 or visit DineSLU.
Get Current Campus Dining Hours
- Shuttle Service: The Grand, Billiken and Scott Hall/Parks shuttles resumed service Jan. 2. SLU Ride
will run limited hours from Thursday, Jan. 2 through Sunday, Jan. 12 from 6 p.m. to
midnight, Monday through Friday, and from 3 p.m. to midnight on Saturdays and Sundays.
Normal hours resume Jan. 13.
Track Shuttles Live
- Simon Recreation Center: The Simon Rec will be open Saturday, Jan. 4 and Sunday, Jan. 5 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., then from Monday, Jan. 6 to Friday, Jan. 10 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Normal hours resume Jan. 11.
- SLU-Madrid: All new and visiting students should make travel arrangements to arrive in Madrid on Tuesday, Jan. 7. Host family housing opens the same day for all students who have been placed with a University-arranged host family.
- First 9 p.m. Mass of 2020: Start the new year off with faith and friendship from 9 to 10 p.m. on Sunday, Jan.
12 at St. Francis Xavier College Church. A student welcome Mass will also be held
at SLU-Madrid at 6 p.m.
Get Involved in SLU's Catholic Community
- Eighth Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Tribute Breakfast: Noted journalist, author and syndicated columnist Roland S. Martin will deliver the keynote address at this year’s tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr., held at 8 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16. The program also will include a welcome by University President Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D., prayers by Chris Collins, S.J., special assistant to the president, and a reflection by Jonathan C. Smith, Ph.D., vice president for diversity and community engagement. Learn More
- Billiken Blizzard: Don’t miss out on the first men’s basketball spirit event of 2020 and the A10 season. The Billiken Blizzard hits at 6 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17 at Chaifetz Arena when the Billikens take on Dayton. Student tickets are free with a SLU ID.
- Spring Commencement: Plan ahead for the big day. Spring commencement is scheduled for May 16, 2020 and
candidates must apply for graduation by Jan. 26. Graduates, watch your SLU email for
pre-commencement ceremony times and dates for the spring graduation fair at the Saint
Louis University Barnes & Noble Bookstore.
Visit SLU's Commencement Site